Mark A. Carter
Of Counsel Attorney
Tel: (360) 694-8955
Mark Carter helps consumers facing financial turmoil and learn about options available to them in the United States Bankruptcy Court. With over 25 years of experience in the practice of bankruptcy – both Chapter 7 and Chapter 13 – Mark is well equipped to advise, assist and guide clients through the federal court process of a bankruptcy case.
Mark will take the time to answer all your questions. Mark will make sure that you understand, and are comfortable with, the difficult decision of whether or not a bankruptcy is in your best interest. People from every walk of life have benefited from Mark’s expertise in the bankruptcy process. When we least expect it, life can throw a curveball. Some people contact Mark because of various life events that have caused them significant financial hardship. Many clients are not able to handle the financial strains the stem from a divorce, loss of employment and/or a health-related event. Bankruptcy is an option to create a fresh start in life.
Professional and Community Involvement
- Clark County Bar Association Trustee (1998-2004)
- Clark County Volunteer Lawyers – 2014 Volunteer of The Year
- Vancouver Sunrise Rotary President (2000-2001)
- Internship with United States Department of Education – 1991
- Internship with United States Department of Justice – 1992
- Internship with United States Supreme Court – 1993
Admitted to Practice
Washington State Court
- United States Bankruptcy Court, Western District of WA
- University of Puget Sound (Tacoma, WA) – B.A. 1990
- The National Law Center, George Washington University (Washington D.C.) – J.D. 1994
Featured Blogs By Mark
How to Discharge Student Loan Debts Through Bankruptcy Law
Bankruptcy Law & Student LoansFor several decades, the answer to whether or not you can use bankruptcy to clear...
Consumer Bankruptcy Overview: Chapter 7 and Chapter 13
Should I file bankruptcy now or wait?Life can throw many curveballs, some of which we can hit and some which we...