Mr. Howe has been practicing law for more than 38 years. As a young attorney, he gained experience working on a wide variety of legal problems. He wrote many contracts, handled numerous real estate transactions, revised a seemingly endless number of loan documents, and pursued too many debtors to count. He tried a jury case once and handled an adoption and a divorce. But early on he found that his personality and talents were best suited to helping people write their wills and otherwise plan their estates. And that is what he likes to do best, mainly because of the close personal connection he makes with each of his clients. So for over thirty years, the focus of his practice has been on estate planning, probate, trust administration, and helping people with their businesses.
Mr. Howe has the highest possible rating (AV) from Martindale Hubbell, the best known attorney rating service.
Mr. Howe’s passions include his family, running, acting, and outdoor adventure. He lives in Salem where he has a long history of community involvement. In 1993, he was awarded the City of Salem’s Distinguished Service Award.
Professional and Community Involvement
- Estate Planning Council of Portland.
- Oregon State Bar Estate Planning and Administration Section.
- Oregon State Bar Elder Law Section.
- Oregon State Bar Business Law Section.
- Oregon State Bar Taxation Section.
- Past President of Willamette Valley Road Runners.
- Past President of Pentacle Theatre.
- Past President of Grant Neighborhood Association.
Admitted to Practice
- Oregon State Courts.
- U.S. District Court for Oregon.
- U.S. Tax Court.
- Bachelors of Science in Political Science from University of Oregon (Phi Beta Kappa).
- Juris Doctor with high honors from University of Washington (Order of the Coif, Editor-in-Chief of the Washington Law Review.)