Colin F. McHugh
Tel: (360) 205-2249
Employment Law | Personal Injury law | Business Law | Civil Litigation
After spending time in many corners of the world, Mr. McHugh landed in Vancouver, Washington with a special affinity for Latin America. This connection with the region and its people led him to earn his Master’s degree in Latin America and International Law from the University of Texas School of Law. Since beginning his practice, Mr. McHugh has represented clients in many types of employment cases including severance negotiations, employment discrimination, wage and hour disputes, and more for both employees and employers. He also has experience in many types of business litigation, construction litigation, traffic infractions, and civil litigation matters. His breadth of experience makes him a compassionate counselor and a fierce advocate in the courtroom.
Professional and Community Involvement
- Volunteer at Navigate Virtual Legal Clinic (2020 – Present)
- Trustee, Federal Bar Association, Western District of Washington
- Past Secretary, Clark County Young Lawyer Section
- Coach, Cascadia Tech Academy’s High School Mock Trial Team
- Member, Washington Employment Lawyers Association
Admitted to Practice
- Washington State Courts
- Oregon State Courts
- U.S District Court for the Eastern District of Washington
- U.S. District Court for the Western District of Washington
- 9th Circuit Court of Appeals
- Bachelor of Science in Criminal Justice, University of Arizona
- Juris Doctor, Gonzaga School of Law
- LL.M., in Latin American and International Law, University of Texas
Awards & Recognition
- Super Lawyers 2022 WA Rising Stars List
- Super Lawyers 2021 WA Rising Stars List
- Accomplished & Under 40 Award 2021 – Vancouver Business Journal
- Super Lawyers 2020 WA Rising Stars List
Featured Video By Colin
– Luke R.
I would like to express how thankful I am to have Colin McHugh, support and direct me in my recent legal matter. Colin expertise in law and legal representation was outstanding. Colin was always available via phone, email or in person. Colin brought comfort and security. Having Colin represent me left a positive outcome. I would without a doubt, highly recommend Colin McHugh to my friends, family and colleagues, for any legal advice and representation.
– Lupe C.
Last August we were in a disabled vehicle on the site of the freeway (waiting for a tow truck) and were struck by an intoxicated driver. This was in incredibly scary and overwhelming experience. Colin was very attentive and helpful throughout the entire process. He answered all of my questions and explained step by step how we would get through. I will use Colin for any future needs and would absolutely recommend him.
Featured Blogs By Colin
Is my non-compete enforceable in Oregon State?
On May 21, 2021, the Oregon Governor Kate Brown signed Senate Bill (“SB”) 169 which substantially limits covenants...
Is my non-compete enforceable in Washington State?
In 2019, the Washington legislature passed a bill that substantially limits on covenants not to compete...
Race Discrimination in the Workplace in Clark County Washington
I am an employment discrimination attorney in Clark County, and I regularly work on race-related legal issues in the...
Am I Being Sexually Harassed? A Guide to Responding to Sexual Harassment in Washington
“Sexual harassment” is one of those legal phrases that get thrown around quite a bit. But what does it really mean?...
Personal Protective Equipment (PPE) Requirements in the Time of the Coronavirus Epidemic
PPE Requirements Question: I am a healthcare provider or work in the healthcare setting. Does my employer have to...
The Customer Is Not Always Right!
The customer is not always right, especially if he is sexually harassing an employee. “Have you ever seen the movie...