After spending time in many corners of the world, Mr. McHugh landed in Vancouver, Washington with a special affinity for Latin America. This connection with the region and its people led him to earn his Master’s degree in Latin America and International Law from the University of Texas School of Law. Since beginning his practice, Mr. McHugh has represented clients in many types of employment cases including severance negotiations, employment discrimination, wage and hour disputes, and more for both employees and employers. He also has experience in many types of business litigation, construction litigation, traffic infractions, and civil litigation matters. His breadth of experience makes him a compassionate counselor and a fierce advocate in the courtroom.
Professional and Community Involvement
- Trustee, Federal Bar Association, Western District of Washington.
- Past Secretary, Clark County Young Lawyer Section.
- Coach, Cascadia Tech Academy’s High School Mock Trial Team.
- Member, Washington Employment Lawyers Association.
Admitted to Practice
- Washington State Courts.
- U.S District Court for the Eastern District of Washington.
- U.S. District Court for the Western District of Washington.
- Bachelor of Science in Criminal Justice, University of Arizona.
- Juris Doctor, Gonzaga School of Law.
- LL.M., in Latin American and International Law, University of Texas.